Over 64,000 young people enjoy Scouts Canada’s programs, which are provided by 20,000 caring and dedicated volunteers.
Kids need to be outside…
Let’s face it – the pandemic has not been kind to our kids. Even though they’ve been champs through all of this (online learning, anyone??), as parents, we know they need to reconnect with the natural environment and with each other. Scouts can help – and we’ll teach them some important life skills along the way.
- If you’re on the fence about joining Scouts, come to a couple meetings and check us out… absolutely free of charge, and no commitments. We won’t even add you to our mailing list (I promise). Just email a Scouter from the program you’re interested in, and we’ll happily coordinate a couple of dates where you and your child can hang out with us and see what it’s all about.
- If you’re ready to sign up (but short on funds), we’ve got your back. Scouts Canada offers a financial assistance program for qualified applicants called No One Left Behind to help pay for uniforms, equipment, and program activity fees. We will not allow money to stand between your child and Scouting.
- Ready to register? Say no more.
- Is your request waitlisted? Skip the line by volunteering! Parents who volunteer with us as section Scouters will never have to worry about their kids having a spot in Scouts. Our capacity to accept new Scouts into the program is limited only by the number of volunteers who step up as section Scouters.
…and so do you.
Share the adventure of a lifetime with your child, making memories you’ll both treasure.
- Explore the outdoors in your own community
- Learn new skills
- Make new friends
- Be part of a team
- Get to know your child in a whole new way
Youth in Scouts across Canada are supported by a dedicated team of over 12,000 volunteers who collectively donate over two million hours of their time, providing youth with the opportunity to grow, to challenge themselves and to experience countless firsts.
While most parents volunteer their time as Section Scouters (to help run meetings), there are lots of different ways you can help.
We’ll help you every step of the way. You’ll receive a personal interview, provide us with personal references, and apply for a Police Records Check (if you’re working directly with youth). We’ll provide comprehensive training, where you’ll learn all the basics to help you provide great programs for youth. Once you become a Scouter, you’re provided with plenty of tools and support to help you on your way. You can attend courses and workshops, and you can find lots of resources on the Scouts Canada web site.
There is no limit to what you can learn! Outdoor camping techniques, crafts, games, and leadership training are only a few of the valuable skills you’ll gain as a Section Scouter.
You’ll meet other parents and be part of a great team committed to providing safe, fun and interesting activities for kids. We need dedicated adults to help offer adventure and education for young people. If you can commit 12 – 14 hours per month, you can make a difference in the lives of many kids, and help shape a better future.
Signup at myscouts.ca